In the mid-1920s, John...
Show all »
In the mid-1920s, John William Franck, a Dallas contractor, built a fishing camp on the northern shores of Lake Dallas. In the 1930s, many of the fishing camps were torn down and replaced by permanent homes. The community thrived, and in 1932, a nearby subdivision called Shady Shores began construction. The lake was enlarged in the late 1950s, becoming what is now known as Lake Lewisville. In 1960, the city leaders decided to incorporate and the subdivision's name became the name of a newly formed town.
Students of Shady Shores are served by the schools of the Lake Dallas and Denton Independent School Districts.