Pet licensing regulations for owners of Rancho Cordova real estate

Pet owners who have just purchased homes for sale in Rancho Cordova will want to know exactly how to get their pets licensed. This is a simple but essential task, which you can perform with a visit to the City of Rancho Cordova Animal Services (RCAS) department.

To begin the licensing process, you can download the RCAS application form from the city's website, complete it and deliver by mail or in person back to the department offices. Alternatively, you can obtain this form from the Sacramento branch of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).

You'll need to include a current copy of your dog or cat's rabies certificate with this application, along with documentation confirming whether or not your pet has been spayed or neutered. 

You'll also need an application fee - spayed or neutered pets will require $15, $30 or $45 fees, respectively, for one, two and three-year licensing fees. Pets that aren't will draw a considerably higher price - $150, $300 or $400 for the same periods of time.

If you're a senior with a pet, you're eligible for a discount of 50 percent on all license application fees.