The City of Corinth is on Farm Road 1915, ten miles west of Cameron in western Milam County. It was settled by Czechs and Germans in 1847 and was named for the biblical city of Corinth, Greece. Corinth served as the judicial seat of Precinct Six until 1892, when the office of the justice of the peace was moved to Buckholts. The school at Corinth had two teachers and ninety-seven students in 1903. The 1941 county highway map showed a cemetery, a school, and several scattered houses at the site. The local school was consolidated with the Buckholts district in 1950. Only a cemetery marked the community's location on the 1988 county highway map.
New development has changed the landscape of Corinth over the past ten years. Those seeking a family-oriented, close-knit community will be impressed with new home development and numerous recreation activities and facilities. Most homes in this booming city are one- and two-story brick styles with a very small sprinkling of older houses that have been around when the town was just a blip on the map.
Amenities in Corinth include parks and athletic fields, walking and jogging trails, nature areas, basketball courts, gazebos, playscapes with swings, ponds with a boardwalk and fishing piers, picnic tables, benches, pavilions and restrooms, all scattered throughout the city. Outdoor activity abounds in this town.
The city of Corinth is served by two school districts: Denton Independent School District and Lake Dallas Independent School District. Both districts have exceptional reputations with accountability report cards reflecting acceptable academic ratings.