Consumer Comment Guidelines
[Last Updated: February 19, 2014]
Format. The Consumer Comment Features allow people to ask and answer questions and post comments in order to share knowledge. As such, please keep your postings on the Agent Ratings to a comment format or they may be deleted or not posted at all.
Disclaimer. ZipRealty is merely providing Clients, Users, ZipRealty Agents, and Partner Agents a forum to exchange information, and in no way endorses or guarantees or is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any content posted by a Client, User, ZipRealty Agent, or Partner Agent in the Consumer Comment Features. Content and opinions posted by a Client, User, ZipRealty Agent, or Partner Agent in the Consumer Comment Features belong to those respective author(s) and not ZipRealty.
Response to Violations. ZipRealty may edit the content of questions, answers, or comments in the Consumer Comment Features if the content violates these Consumer Comment Guidelines. We also reserve the right to remove and/or decline to post content without notice that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be inappropriate and/or in violation of these Consumer Comment Guidelines. Depending on the level of offense, you may risk termination of your access to the Consumer Comment Features, and possibly, the ZipRealty Website. If you are unsure whether your content is appropriate or consistent with these Consumer Comment Guidelines, please err on the side of caution and do not post it on the Consumer Comment Features.
Content and Usage. When posting content on the Consumer Comment Features, please follow these rules:
1. YOU MAY NOT POST CONTENT (or links to content, including photos and videos):
- to exploit, solicit, or harm minors;
- that is violent, racist, incendiary, or otherwise objectionable;
- that is abusive, threatening, slanderous, or belligerent against any individual or groups of individuals for any reason;
- that violates federal, state or local laws or regulations;
- that contains profane, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit language;
- to vent your frustrations, rant, make statements, launch personal attacks, or otherwise violate the question and answer format;
- to advertise personal ads;
- that contains false, fraudulent or libelous statements;
- that contains discriminatory statements, including but not limited to, statements about age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, or disability;
- that advertises or links to websites of other real-estate brokerages; and
- that violates these Consumer Comment Guidelines in any manner.
2. NO CHATTING OR PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS: Questions that are attempts to engage others in personal communications and that are not directly related to real estate issues will be removed. Some examples of questions that do not comply with these Consumer Comment Guidelines, include, but are not limited to:
- How are you?
- Anyone want to chat?
- What's your name?
- How old are you?
- What time is it?
- Who here likes sports?
3. NO PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION: Unless you are identifying a commercial business that is relevant to a post, in which case, you may identify the commercial business only by its publicly available contact information, you may not post any personally identifying information such as a mailing address, email address, or telephone number of any individual.
4. NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY: Advertisements, solicitations, promotions, junk mail, spam, scams or chain letters, or links to other websites containing such information, are not allowed. Unless you are posting a link to your site or a site that specifically answers the question being asked, and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link, you may not post URLs for the purpose of directing commercial activity to a non-ZipRealty site.
5. NO REPEATED POSTINGS: You may not post similar or identical postings in two or more locations within the Consumer Comment Features. This also applies if you are including the same commercial URL on all of your postings for the purpose of directing commercial activity to a non-ZipRealty site. Multiple identical postings, even if legitimate, may be considered spam.
6. REPORTING COMPLAINTS AND VIOLATIONS: You may not use the Consumer Comment Features to report a complaint or a violation of these Consumer Comment Guidelines. You may make a complaint directly to ZipRealty at the contact information listed below, and ZipRealty will address the complaint. You may not report as a complaint posts that you personally disagree with or written by people you personally dislike.
7. NO HACKING: You may not promote or redirect traffic to a non-ZipRealty site, post links to sites that force the download of a virus, programs, or other content, or in any other way interfere with the operation of the ZipRealty Website. Automated account creation and participation and content scraping are not permitted.
8. NO PASSWORD TRADING: You may not post content with the intent of trading passwords, product decryption programs, or any other programs.
9. NO FRAUD: You may not falsely claim credentials or expertise that you do not possess, and you may not impersonate another Client, User, or any other individual or entity.
10. RESPECT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: You may not post content that infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties.
If you have a question about these Consumer Comment Guidelines, or if you have any suggestions, feedback, or technical problems with the Consumer Comment Features, please do not hesitate to contact ZipRealty at:
By email: email@example.com (for technical questions relating to the Website)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for questions relating to Agent Ratings)
By telephone: 1.800.CALL.ZIP (toll-free)
or (510) 735-2600
By fax: (510) 735-2850