ZipTips®: 10 Questions First-Time Home Buyers Should Ask
As a potential first time home buyer, your first home purchase can be very confusing. Since a home purchase is usually the single largest purchase an individual or family can make, there are a lot of factors to consider before jumping into the home ownership club.
ZipRealty has put together a list of questions that all first time home buyers should ask themselves before they make the commitment to purchase a home.
1. How much will it cost to work with ZipRealty?
2. What is the difference between a "Buyer's Agent" and a "Seller's Agent"? Why should I work with a "Buyer's Agent"?
3. Should I rent or buy?
To get an idea for your own situation, use ZipRealty's Rent vs. Buy calculator.
4. How much house can I afford?
5. What will my real estate professional do? Not do?
Your ZipRealty agent will do the following:
Your ZipRealty agent will NOT do the following:
6. When is the best time to get loan approval?
7. What are the tax implications?
8. Have I seen everything on the market?
9. How will I know I am not overpaying for the property?
10. When can I move in?