Buying a condo in Las Vegas
When most people think of Las Vegas, they associate it with their dream vacation, or a fun-filled getaway. Nonetheless, this city shouldn’t be overlooked when searching for a place to live. Las Vegas actually has much more to offer its residents than meets the eye. If you are in the market for buying a condo in Las Vegas, you will find yourself surrounded by world-renown entertainment, dining and shopping opportunities. The best part about buying Las Vegas condos is that there is home for just about any budget -- from moderately priced, family oriented options to luxurious, high-end condos that overlook the “strip.”
Although the city is famous throughout the world for its mega hotels and casinos, Las Vegas actually holds the highest population of residents in its state. As a resident of Las Vegas, you will find it difficult to be bored no matter what time of day it is! Here are some things to do in Las Vegas:
- Many of the hotels in the city regularly host cultural and art exhibits from around the world. For example, in 2012-2013 the Venetian hosted “Da Vinci — the Genius” which contains documents, artifacts and working scale models of scientific and engineering principles the artist is known for conceiving. Along the same lines, The Luxor’s “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” even provides a tour through the ship which was advertised as being unsinkable.
- You will be right next to some of the most famous shopping, dining and entertainment in the world. What’s more, you can check out some of the world-class artwork and luxury hotels at the relatively new CityCenter. As the name implies, CityCenter is a mega collection of five-star resorts and spas that is almost like an independent city within the city of Las Vegas. CityCenter, as well as many other Las Vegas hotels, offer five star dining for both hotel guests and city residents.
- If you are looking for ways to rest or exercise your body, mind and spirit, Las Vegas provides numerous options. For one, you can try the Mirage’s “Yoga Among the Dolphins” class which allows you to watch dolphins in their underwater environment while practicing yoga.
- You can schedule an appointment at a spa for a massage, facial, or salon treatment in any one of the many Las Vegas hotels. Actually, there are a number of Las Vegas condos complexes that have impressive pools and spas on the premises.
- If golfing is your idea of a relaxing time, choose from dozens of courses, many of which have championship holes.
Buying a Las Vegas condo will place you at the center of all that the city has to offer. You can, however, choose to live where it is a bit quieter. Las Vegas condos located outside of the strip in the residential areas of the city can be purchased for relatively moderate prices hovering around $100,000 as of 2013. As you get closer to the strip, Las Vegas condos do get more expensive; even relatively small Las Vegas condos with views of the strip will cost you about half a million dollars and up. Larger condos with first class views will easily run $2 million and up. Nonetheless, because of the housing market crisis that accompanied the recession, condo prices in Las Vegas went down as much as 50 percent as of 2012 and the available supply has increased substantially because of the record number of foreclosures.
If you are buying a condo in Las Vegas and are looking for a more family friendly option, there are neighborhoods away from the strip, or if you are looking for a retirement option, there are also neighborhoods in Las Vegas that cater specifically to retirees. Of course, if you are looking for a vacation spot that is close to the excitement offered by Sin City, there are also plenty of those to choose from along the strip.
If you plan on buying a condo in Las Vegas in the near future, it is not required, but definitely helpful to talk to an experienced real estate agent about your options.