Throughout the week we come across all sorts of fantastic real estate, home improvement and technology tidbits that don’t always fit into our blog posts, but that we want to share with you all the same. Welcome to Friday Finds!
- As mortgage rates continue to drop, some renters are looking into the condo market. MSN details some pros and cons of owning a condo to help you determine if you should buy. (MSN Real Estate)
- Of course, if you’re like this man in New York, even underwater real estate is a good bet. We mean that literally. This guy forked over $160K for an island that is submerged during high tide. (Gawker)
- Also in weird real estate this week, the ‘Dune House’, which is built into a sandy knoll, is up for sale in Atlantic Beach. Calling all hobbits! (AOL Real Estate)
- With the low prices and lending rates, the housing markets been kinder to young couples trying to set up their first nest. A veteran homeowner lists 9 things she wished she’d known about decorating her first space. (Apartment Therapy)
- Check out these funny, well-written staging hints that will help toward a quick sale. I totally agree with the author regarding your ‘beloved troll doll collection’. (Houzz via AOL Real Estate)
- Finally, thank you, Unplggd, for always reminding me that I have no idea how often I am supposed to replace or maintain X, Y, or Z. This week? Air filters. (Unplggd)
Did you find any cool stories this week? Post in the comments and let us know!