Throughout the week we come across all sorts of fantastic real estate, home improvement and technology tidbits that don’t always fit into our blog posts, but that we want to share with you all the same. Welcome to Friday Finds!
- Big news in the housing market – average mortgage rates swooped down to historic lows last week only to rise sharply again! (MarketWatch)
- Don’t scramble for a home because of the low mortgage rates or even the bargain prices – buying a home “has nothing to do with the direction of housing prices”: great advice from this columnist. What’s your take? (Forbes)
- One way to save on energy costs now and increase your home’s appeal to future eco-minded buyers is leasing a solar roof. Do you think about greening your home for future buyers? (The Daily Green)
- You could also run your place entirely on steam! Although it does use electricity, check out this outrageous steampunk listing! Complete with a porthole! (Hooked on Houses)
- Have more of a modern aesthetic? Welcome to the Ultimate Bachelor Pad. (Curbed)
- Have an extra bedroom in your home? Is it totally unutilized? Check out this truly amazing transformation – from cramped sleeping space to chic dining nook! (Funkytime)
- Lastly, your DIY weekend homework: the painted runner. Brilliant! (Remodelista)
Did you find any cool stories this week? Post in the comments and let us know!