Throughout the week we come across all sorts of fantastic real estate, home improvement and technology tidbits that don’t always fit into our blog posts, but that we want to share with you all the same. Welcome to Friday Finds!
- It’s “back to school week” at ZipCode! Check out our earlier posts about top 10 school districts for your real estate dollars and real estate search trends in top rated school districts.
- Gone are the days of pencils and college-rule binder paper! Back-to-school season is all about mobile apps. I don’t know about you, but Mint’s budget app would have really helped me cut down on all those late-night nacho runs! (Mashable, Mint)
- Even if you’re not getting ready to head to university, you can take some serious design inspiration from these stylish dorm rooms. I’m loving the identical James Dean prints in Aaron Francis’ room and might just have to steal the idea for my place. Which one is your favorite? (Apartment Therapy, Unplggd)
- Maybe your little ones haven’t flown the coop yet – if you’re a parent with younger kids, be sure to check out our other posts on how to find the right school district as well as our iPhone and our (upgraded!) Android apps if you’re planning to move to an area with great schools. (ZipRealty)
- Last week, we linked you to some DIY home projects to try out. If you need any more incentive, here are the top DIY upgrades that will get you the most value for your hard work. What projects are you itching to try? (ZipRealty, AOL Real Estate)
- The Nest serves up some more awesome DIY wall art ideas. I’m torn between the chalkboard paint and the magnetic mood board. My mood board would feature dead poets and vintage postcards – what about yours? (The Nest)
- Potential repairs are guaranteed for buyers who want to purchase an older home. I grew up in a Victorian farmhouse and although my parents received lots of compliments, our charming home was often a headache. Ask the right questions, and you’ll know what you’re getting into. (MSN Real Estate)
Did you find any cool stories this week? Post in the comments and let us know!