Throughout the week we come across all sorts of fantastic real estate, home improvement and technology tidbits that don’t always fit into our blog posts, but that we want to share with you all the same. Welcome to Friday Finds!
- First off, we want to extend our sympathy to any homeowners whose houses were damaged by Hurricane Irene. The disaster sparked discussion about flood insurance and how to best prepare your home for a large storm. (CNN Money)
- Rare East coast earthquakes also reminded us to update our emergency kit. Unplggd did a round-up of 10 lights that are indispensable in a disaster – what’s the most important tool in your kit? (Unplggd)
- Labor Day weekend is here, and whether you’re hosting an open house or a barbecue, an inviting entryway helps get your event off to a good start. (Houzz)
- Once your guests are inside, wow them with some eye-popping color. Which room in your house has the boldest hue? I seriously love the deep red and rich brown bathroom at my parents’ house! (House Beautiful)
- This week, we ran some posts on investing in college towns and how to prepare to be a landlord. Even if you own a home, the rental market is hot – check out these tips on why and how to invest in a rental property. (ZipRealty, CNN Money)
Did you find any cool stories this week? Post in the comments and let us know!