- R.I.P the McMansion! In the words of Gawker: “the humble McMansion—the rightful reward of all hardworking Americans willing to take on a $450,000 mortgage and a 75-minute commute in order to have a huge, useless foyer lined with the thinnest sheet of marble veneer—is no longer the popular thing to build, for builders who want to build homes that will actually sell.”
- Bank of America has caught a lot of flak lately, especially in light of Occupy Wall Street. I doubt it helped them to foreclose on a non-existent house. (Swamplot)
- Newly affianced Frankie Muniz is looking to unload his Scottsdale mansion, including the private 18-hole golf course! (The Real Estalker)
- On the other end of the spectrum, 19% of post-college males and 10% of post-college women are movin’ not up, but back in with their parents. (CNN Money)
- Finally, awesome home tip of the week: unclog a drain with… yeast? Yes! I could have used this last week… (Re-Nest)
- And our favorite DIY project: this adorable barnwood headboard! If, like me, you don’t live in farm country, no worries: “Even if you don’t have access to barn wood, a similar look can easily be achieved with regular wood from a home improvement store that is stained with driftwood stain.” (Design*Sponge)
Did you find any cool stories this week? Post in the comments and let us know!