Tips for selling your Baltimore home in the winter
Though the biggest selling seasons in Baltimore are during the summer and springtime, selling a home in Baltimore during the winter months is definitely possible. In fact, you may find that the process may be one of the most rewarding options because there's less competition on the market. There's plenty of time in buyer's hands to see homes and consider them. If you are planning listing your home even in coldest winter snow, it pays to know a few tips to keep the interest of those potential buyers.
Make a Splash at the Curb
One of the first things to do is to impress the potential buyer as he or she pulls up in their car. During the winter months, you will find that there is a lot of snow in Baltimore. There's nothing more off putting to a potential buyer than being unable to pull into a driveway covered in two feet of nice, ice-packed snow. Here are some tips for maintaining your curb appeal even during the colder months.
- Keep the driveway and the sidewalks snow-free. After all, you want them to be able to access your property.
- Use salt on the walkways to ensure no one falls. That shows you are thinking of your buyers.
- Keep the debris to a minimum. This is especially true whenever the snow melts. Clean up the yard and ensure it looks good from the street at all times because you never know when your potential buyers will be driving by to see the property.
Curb appeal is a good place to start. However, when it comes to selling, you may hear your Baltimore real estate agents telling you there's more to do inside.
Clean It and Fix It, or Move It Out
You’ll also want to take the time to maintain and upgrade your home. This is the perfect time to roll up your sleeves so that if your home remains on the market till spring when there are more buyers, it will be ready to sell fast. Here are some tips for your to-do list during the colder months.
- Clean and organize each room. De-cluttering does a lot for opening a home up so that potential buyers can actually see the true value that the home can offer.
- It's a great time to handle smaller home improvement projects. Paint the walls with a fresh color. Replace or clean your carpets. Be sure to dust, vacuum and overall maintain the space.
- Make any repairs necessary to make the home value as high as possible. If you have drafting windows, it is going to be evident now. If you have a leak, it's going to be seen now that winter is quickly approaching.
Maintaining your home is a big deal. You'll want to ensure that will be ready before any Baltimore real estate agents ask to show the home.
Set the Stage
Finally, you'll want to set the stage. Selling a home in Baltimore means you are selling a lifestyle. Here are some tips.
- If you have a fireplace, turn it on. Allow it to burn low. This makes the home seem nice and cozy
- Bake some bread or cookies or light candles instead.
- Play some soothing music in the background.
Even with all of this, when it comes to selling a home in Baltimore, you may need to hire the right real estate professionals to help you. Baltimore real estate agents want to help you to sell your property quickly and for the highest possible value. To do that, you need to set the stage at any time of the year.